“To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children…to leave the world a better place…to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Naughty...

Here's the thing... I've been super bad lately. So my 21st birthday is this coming SUNDAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY I'm so excited...

So back to being bad. I kind of sort of bought myself an early birthday present. Or really presents and they are the following:

Born Standing Up ( a biography about Steve Martin in his comedic years)
A Room With a View
Jane Eyre
On the Road
David Copperfield
The Awakening
Anne Frank
Balzac & the little Chinese girl
Beloved
Brave New World
Brick Lane
An American Tragedy
Autobiography of a Face
Crime & Punishment
The Curious Incident
and finally Cousin Bette


I'm sooo excited to start reading!

1 comment:

  1. Oooh great list! I am a huge Steve Martin fan (okay, so I also have a huge crush on Steve Martin). I have his novel "An Object of Beauty," and I am so impressed by his writing. He is a modern day Renaissance man, and I love it.

    Is "Autobiography of a Face" by Lucy Grealy? I read Ann Patchett's "Truth and Beauty," which was about her and Grealy's friendship. Lucy sounds like such an interesting person. You'll have to let me know how that book is!

    ReplyDelete